101. In addition to the obvious problem--loneliness, another major obstacle, in my opinion, is the alien environment of campus.
102. Freshmen often get lost on campus; fail to find the way to dormitory or library.
103. Most important of all, apart from their hometown and parents, students couldn't catch sight of any familiar face and have to suffer from homelessness, which can cause certain serious mental disease.
104. In the first place, school authorities should provide far more services to help freshmen to get used to the new life as soon as possible.
105. The senior and junior students could share their own experience about how to overcome the difficulty they have ever met, how to adjust to the new environment with the new students.
106. At the same time, young people should be encouraged to communicate with their peers and develop their interpersonal skills, which may help them greatly to reduce dependence on their parents and are essential in the maintenance of healthy mental condition.
107. In conclusion, we must lay emphasis on this problem and make our maximum contribution to help them spend their first day on campus smoothly.
108. There is a general discussion over fashion in recent years. One of the questions under debate is whether a person should choose comfortable clothes, which he or she likes, regardless of fashion.
109. This issue is becoming a matter of concern for more and more people, especially for parents and experts in education.
110. Many young people always go into raptures at the merely mention of buying fashion clothes. And they seem to be attracted by colorful material, various styles of fashion clothes. There is nothing, they maintain, that can't be compared with fashion clothes. In fact, fashion clothes had become indispensable part of youngster's life.
111. Many people seem to overlook the basic fact: the major function of clothing is to keep us warm and comfortable.
112. Furthermore, people who addict to fashion clothes have to spend more time going shopping and pay more attention to the impression they make on others. As a result, it is impossible to devote enough time and energy in their study and job.
112a. No one can doubt the essential fact that the traffic problem over the last years has caused wide public concern all over the world. Experts in increasing numbers are beginning to believe that such situation would produce unfavorable effects on economic growth of local areas.
114. There are several reasons for this problem. One of the main reasons is that the number of vehicles is increasing much more rapidly than building of roads. Another primary reason is that there seem to be too many private cars and not enough public buses.
115. Meanwhile, the numbers of people, who have access to their own cars, have risen sharply in the recent years.
116. Moreover, many people, including drivers and cyclists, do not obey the traffic rules properly, especially at busy intersections. And this undoubtedly worsens the already grave situation.
117. The number of private cars in urban areas should be limited while the number of public buses should be increased.
118. When asked what kind of school they are willing to send their children to attend, many parents say they would choose a boarding school rather than day schools for their children.
119. Many survey show that people in increasing numbers are beginning to recognize that boarding school provides better environment and facilities for children.
120. At the same time, there are still many people who live under the traditional ideas that day schools play an extremely important role in children's study.
121. On the one hand, it is indisputable that boarding schools are exerting a growing important effect, especially in last few years.
122. Students attend a boarding school would cultivate their independence as apart from their parents.
123. What's more, living in school can save them a great deal of time on the way between home and school everyday, so they would be able to concentrate more time and energy on their academic work.
124. On the other hand, the contribution of day schools can't be ignored.
125. Due to high tuition fee, most of ordinary families cannot afford to send their children to boarding schools.
126. Since it is unnecessary to consider student's routine life, day school can lay stress on teaching instead of other aspects, such as management of dormitory and cafeteria.
127. Furthermore, students living in their own home would have access to a comfortable life and have more opportunities to communicate with their parents, which have beneficial impact on development of their personal character.
128. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that both of day schools and boarding schools are important to train young students for our society.
129. There is much discussion over science and technology. One of the questions under debate is whether traditional technology and methods are bound to die out when a country begins to develop modern science and technology.
130. As for me, the declining of traditional technology and methods is not a bad thing; it is the natural result of progress of society.
131. In the first place, some aspects of the traditional technology and methods are harmful and hampering the development of modern technology science.
132. Although modern science and technology have proved that such methods are absurd, there are still millions of people use such methods in many remote places nowadays.
133. In the second place, many values of traditional technology are out of date and should be replaced by modern science.
134. Although many people tend to live under the illusion that traditional technology and methods are still playing extremely important role in people's life, an increasing evidences show that it is less useful than many people think.
135. From what has been discussed above, I firmly believe that time will prove that traditional technology and methods would die out with the development of modern science and technology. The maintenance of the traditional technology and methods is futile.
136. At the time when technology means ever more harmful carbon in the air we breathe, we need these forests now more than ever.
137. Nothing is more important than to receive education.
138. We cannot emphasize the importance of protecting our eyes too much.
139. There is no denying that the qualities of our living have gone from bad to worse.
140. It is universally acknowledged that trees are indispensable to us.
141. There is no doubt that our educational system leaves something to be desired.
142. An advantage of using the solar energy is that it won't create any pollution.
143. The reason why we have to grow trees is that they can supply fresh air for us.
144. So precious is time that we can't afford to waste it.
145. Rich as our country is, the qualities of our living are by no means satisfactory.
146. The harder you work, the more progress you make.
147. The more books we read, the more learned we become.
148. To average people, they often tend to live under the illusion that English often means a good opportunity for one's career, is this really the case?
149. By taking exercise, we can always stay healthy.
150. Listening to music enables us to feel relaxed.
151. On no account can we ignore the value of knowledge.
152. It is time the authorities concerned took proper steps to solve the traffic problems.
153. Those who violate traffic regulations should be punished.
154. There is no one but longs to go to college.
155. Since the examination is around the corner, I am compelled to give up doing sports.
156. It is conceivable that knowledge plays an important role in our life.
157. Summer is sultry. That's the reason why I don't like it.
158. The progress of the society is based on harmony.
159. We should bring home to people the value of working hard.
160. Taking exercise is closely related to health.
161. We should get into the habit of keeping good hours.
162. The condition of our traffic leaves much to be desired.
163. Smoking has a great influence on our health.
164. Reading does good to our mind.
165. Overwork does harm to health.
166. Pollution poses a great threat to our existence.
167. We should do our best to achieve our goal in life.
168. Weather a large family is a good thing or not is a very popular topic, which is often talked about not only by city residents but by farmers as well.
169. As is known to all, fake and inferior commodities harm the interests of consumers.
170. Today an increasing number of people have realized that law education is of great importance. In order to keep law and order, every one of us is supposed to get a law education.
171. From what I have mentioned above, we can see clearly that violence on TV has great influence on youngsters' behavior.
172. There are two reasons for the improvement in people's living conditions. In the first place, we have been carrying out the reform and opening-up policy. Secondly, there has been a rapid expansion of our national economy. Furthermore, the birth rate has been put under control.
173. My suggestions to deal with the problem are as follows. To begin with, it is urgent to create nature reserves. Secondly, certain rare wild animals that are going to be extinct should be collected, fed and reproduced artificially. Finally, those who hunter them must be punished severely.
174. People differ in their attitudes towards failure. Faced with it, some of them can stand up to it, draw useful lessons from it and try hard to fulfill what they are determined to do. Others, however, lose heart and give in.
175. It is desirable to build more hospitals, shopping centers, recreation centers, cinemas and other public facilities to meet the growing needs of people.
176. As a popular saying goes, "everything has two sides." Now the public are benefiting more and more from scientific and technological inventions. On the other hand, the progress of science and technology is bringing us a lot of trouble. People in many countries are suffering from public hazards.
177. Let's take cars for example. They not only pollute the air in cities, but make them crowded. Furthermore, they are responsible for a lot of traffic accidents. The noise made by cars disturbs the residents living on both sides of streets all day and night.
178. It is generally believed that the chief reason for the increase in population in developed countries is not so much the rise in birth rates as the decline in death rates as a result of the improvement in medical care.
179. There is no doubt that the increase in demand caused the rise in prices.
180. Additional social stresses may also occur because of the population explosion or problems arising from mass migration movements-themselves made relatively easy nowadays by modern means of transport.
181. With the opening and reform policy being carried out, thousands upon thousands of foreign visitors are crowding into our country. They are eager to see this old mysterious land with a splendid culture of more than 5,000years.
182. Tourism brings China a lot of benefits. First, it enables the Chinese people to know more about the outside world and promotes friendship and understanding. Second, it is financially beneficial to China, which needs more foreign currencies for its modernization program.
183 Tourism, however, gives rise to a number of problems. For instance, it becomes a burden to inefficient transportation system.
184. Besides, the living standard of the average Chinese is still not high enough to be able to afford the many different sorts of expensed during long distance travels.
185. As for me, with the development of our national economy, all these problems will certainly be solved step by step.
186. A much better and brighter future awaits us.
187. When an opportunity comes, it brings a promise but never realizes it on its own.
188. If you want to achieve something or intend to fulfill one of your ambitions, you must work hard, make efforts and get prepared. Otherwise, you will take no advantage of opportunities when they come to visit you.
189. The difference between a man who succeeds and one who does not lies only in the way each treats opportunities. The successful person always makes adequate preparations to meet opportunities as they duly arrive. The unsuccessful person, on the other hand, works little and just waits to see pass by.
190. In my opinion, there are plenty of opportunities for everyone in our society, but only those who are prepared adequately and qualified highly can make use of them to achieve purpose.
191. Anthropologists have discovered that fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise are universally reflected in facial expressions.
192. The greater the population there is in a locality, the greater the need there is for water, transportation, and disposal of refuse.
193. Long before children are able to speak or understand a language, they communicate through facial expressions and by making noises.
194. Children with parents whose guidance is firm, consistent, and rational are inclined to possess high levels of self-confidence.
195. Television, the most pervasive and persuasive of modern technologies, marked by rapid change and growth, is moving into a new era, an era of extraordinary sophistication and versatility, which promises to reshape our lives and our world.
196. Television is more than just an electronic appliance; it is a means of expression, as well as a vehicle for communication, and as such becomes a powerful tool for reaching other human beings.
197. I am always amazed when I heard people saying that sport creates goodwill between the nations, and that if only the common peoples of the world could meet one another at football or cricket, they would have no inclination to meet on the battlefield.
198. One of the great early writers wrote that: Work is the grand cure of all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind. If this is true, then the present situation should make us wonder whether the measure that the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of 50 is reasonable.
199. "The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them." Such is the remark made by Bernard Shaw, a great writer. This view has been shared now by more and more people.
200. Adler is correct in this assertion that education does not end with graduation.